Heavy Vehicle Operator G6 - Mt Isa
Back to search results
- Job Number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - Full Time, Casual
- Mount Isa
- Transport Operations & Logistics
Location: Mt Isa
Aurizon’s Mt Isa Port team is seeking a Heavy Vehicle Operator G6 on a permanent full-time basis. Applicants will need to hold an HC licence and have experience driving Quads / Road trains, as well as be ticketed and experienced with loaders & forklifts.
Remuneration/Benefit: $29 p/h, plus penalties
- Attractive hourly rate + penalties and overtime
- 4 days on/ 4 days off roster working 12-hour shifts 6am -6pm
- Ongoing casual position
About the role:
- Operate & maintain including basic maintenance tasks HC vehicles (road trains)
- Load and unload materials and goods with forklifts & loaders in a safe manner
- General labouring duties as required
- HC drivers’ licence and a safe driving record (minimum 1-year driving experience)
- Hold a current heavy forklift & loader ticket
- Ability to complete paperwork such as pre-starts on vehicles, defect reports and other various reporting
- Dangerous goods licence
- Mechanical aptitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
For more information on this position (reference 87153), please contact Julia on 08 9212 2605.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now Refer a friend