Trainee - Freight Operator
Back to search results
- Job Number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - Full Time
Aurizon would like to invite you to apply for a Freight Operator traineeship. When completed you will obtain a nationally recognised qualification that will allow you to forge a career in the Rail Industry.
- Highly Remunerated Entry Level Traineeship
- Structured Traineeship Program with Australia's Largest Rail Freight Operator
- Permanent Job with Career Advancement Opportunity
Aurizon Bulk has a new and exciting entry level opportunity Avon (Northam) depot. We are committed to growing our business in regional WA and will be looking to utilise local talent to achieve this goal.
About the Traineeship:
- Undertake the theoretical and practical components of the training program
- Ensure that the loading and unloading of customer's products are carried out efficiently and safely
- Inspect rollingstock for faults
- Rectify minor faults on rollingstock
- Conduct brake testing of trains
- Effectively communicate with other depot personnel face to face and via two-way radio
- Undertake shunting and marshalling of trains
- C Class Drivers Licence (mandatory)
- Strong commitment to safety
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- A willingness to work day & night shift (up to 12hr shifts) and including weekend work as required
As a part of the company's recruitment and selection process, shortlisted applicants will be required to undertake psychometric testing, criminal history check and successfully pass a pre-employment health assessment that will involve drug and alcohol screening.
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now