Regional Operations Leader at Jilalan
Back to search results
- Job Number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - Full Time
- Transport Operations & Logistics
Location: Jilalan (near Sarina)
Remuneration/Benefit: Attractive salary package plus bonus opportunity
About the role
The Regional Operations Leader plays a major role in the day to day running of Aurizon's rail operations. You will work collaboratively with colleagues and drive front-line leadership in order to enable the safe, reliable and cost-effective delivery of train services to our customers. This role will see you champion a safety and leadership culture which promotes, creates and maintains Zero Harm.
- Create streamlined and optimised service delivery to our customers
- Manage train crew operations and implement business improvement initiatives
- Provide active crewing levels to support the provision of rostering and scheduling services
- Ensure the allocated team has up to date training and level of competencies
- Setting and monitoring of performance standards and behavioural standards, building a high-performance team, and managing performance, including disciplinary matters
- Run incident investigations and conduct detailed investigation reports
- Previous line leadership experience in a dynamic and demanding work environment
- Ability to work an on-call roster encompassing nights, weekends and public holidays.
- Engaging and committed leader that demonstrates effective leadership.
- Be a positive forward thinker
- Results driven and purpose orientated.
- Always striving to raise the standard and has a high expectation of the team.
- Demonstrates high levels of commitment and autonomous leadership.
What we can offer you:
At Aurizon, we support the development and growth of our employees to reach their full potential. With a National portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with long term and exciting career opportunities. Some of our benefits include:
- Development and growth opportunities
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- As an endorsed WORK180 employer, you can view our policies and benefits here
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 50 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment.
To learn about us and our company values, visit www.aurizon.com.au
Should you have any additional questions about position (Reference 78631), please contact Rebecca on 07 4943 4230
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now