Locomotive and Electronic Specialist
Back to search results
- Job Number:
- Work type:
- Permanent - Full Time
- Transport Operations & Logistics
Location: Jilalan / Sarina
Remuneration/Benefit: Attractive Salary package offered
About the role
Based within the locomotives department at our Jilalan depot in Sarina you will carry out maintenance and repair rollingstock communications and electronic equipment and report on the performance and condition of these assets to ensure safe and effective operation for our customers.
- Champion a safety culture that promotes, creates and maintains a safe approach in all aspects of the operation
- Work with relevant teams to ensure all locomotive asset classes and locomotive components in area of responsibility maintain 100% compliance with the safety management system (SMS)
- Provide frontline locomotive and locomotive component fault-finding and technical advice in area of responsibility to leadership and trade staff.
- Work with relevant teams in setting locomotive availability and reliability targets by locomotive class by operating corridor/system.
- Advanced knowledge of Analogue and Digital radio systems, telecommunications systems, maintenance, installation and fault rectification
- Electronic systems and board repair to component level. Investigation/fault/diagnostic of the locomotives
- High level of written skills and verbal skills along with sound fault finding and problem solving skill
- Team player with the passion and integrity to work autonomously
- Experience in the 3551-traction computer component repair is highly desirable
- Engineering Trades Cert III/IV – Electronics Or equivalent
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- Access to an employee assistance program
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- As an endorsed WORK180 employer, you can view of policies and benefits here
At Aurizon we believe in connection
It is our ability to connect that strengthens communities, industries and builds economies. It helps to embrace diversity in our workplace and that is the experience we want for everyone. We are building a culture where everyone is seen, heard and valued, because of their diversity. We value inclusion throughout the whole company and encourage you to apply.
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 50 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets. To learn about us and our company values visit www.aurizon.com.au/careers
Please apply online (reference 70980),
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back Apply now